While the storm is impacting our area, it is important to:
- Stay indoors, away from windows and exterior doors.
- Monitor local news media to stay informed of the storm's path and intensity.
- Place towels along window sills and exterior doors, to keep out driving rain.
- Elevate valuables to table tops if flooding occurs.
- Do NOT go outside as the calm eye of the hurricane passes over. The worst damage can happen once the eye of the storm passes and the winds blow from the opposite direction.
- Be aware that tornadoes can occur at any time during a hurricane.
- Use flashlights or battery powered lights. Do NOT use candles or any other open flame.
- Use the telephone for emergencies only.
- Keep the refrigerator and freezer doors closed. Open as little as possible to conserve cold air as the power will go out.
- Emergency services cannot respond to calls for service after winds reach 45 mph, fire Engines after 60 mph.
City of Weston Emergency Operations Center
The City of Weston's Emergency Operations Center is located on the second floor of the Weston Administrative Services Center, located at 17250 Royal Palm Boulevard. The storm hardened building sits on a campus that includes City Hall, the Weston Police Services Center and Fire Station No. 81.
Weston Emergency Operations Center (“EOC”):
- The building housing the EOC is constructed to withstand significant storm force winds and has back-up generator power.
- The EOC will enable City staff and service providers to manage any disaster occurring in the City from a central location utilizing common management practices and resources.
- The EOC is designed to house City staff and service providers before, during and after disaster events for an extended duration if necessary. The Center provides a permanent, secure and sustainable facility from which to manage the continuity of the City's operations in the event of a disaster occurring in the City.
- The EOC will be utilized year-round as a training facility for all city departments, most often utilized by police and fire.
Receive news updates directly from the EOC by subscribing to eNotifications. Contact the EOC when in activation by calling the City Hall main line, 954-385-2000.