For details on the coronavirus (COVID-19), local resources for residents and businesses and more, visit WestonFL.org/Coronavirus.
Phase I Reopenings Continue
Broward County's latest Emergency Order 20-14 (EO 20-14) issued on May 29, (and adopted by City of Weston Emergency Order 2020-14), provides additional reopening guidelines for businesses, clarifies guidelines for parks (allows for doubles-play for tennis and pickle ball), and expands permissible activities on beaches.
Prior orders allowed for:
commercial gyms and fitness centers, hotels, restaurants, retail, personal services, community room and fitness centers located within housing developments, pools and other recreational amenities in housing developments and museums.
In Weston, swimming pools in multi-family or condo developments or within single-family homeowner associations may operate under the guidelines issued by Broward County (as stated in Broward County Emergency Order 2020-10 and Broward County Emergency Order 20-08), with the additional requirement that pool furniture shall be removed from the pool deck (by City of Weston Emergency Order No. 2020-11.)
There continue to be specific responsibilities for businesses and residents to adhere to social distancing, facial covering, and sanitation requirements as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Working together to follow the new latest guidelines, we can all establish a New Weston Way so that we can safely resume a new sense of normal.
As part of the New Weston Way, physical distancing and facial coverings (with some exceptions) will be enforced until health experts advise it is no longer necessary. It is important that all of our new guidelines are followed in order for us to continue the phased reopening process.
Facial Covering Guidelines
The use of facial coverings continue to be required. For the latest guidelines concerning facial coverings from Broward County (applicable through EO 20-14), click here.
This requirement is often confusing for residents, so we have simplified the rules here:
- The general public shall wear a facial covering when obtaining services from an essential business.
- Employees of essential businesses, as well as delivery service personnel, are required to wear a cover over their mouth and nose at all times while inside the business or making a delivery.
- Facial coverings are not required while exercising; however, bring a facial covering with you to the park for use in situations where physical distancing cannot be followed;
- Facial coverings should not be placed on children under the age of two (2).
- Facial coverings are not recommended for those that otherwise have difficulty breathing.
- Facial coverings are not required for food service employees when doing so would pose a hazard or health issue.
- The facial covering requirement shall not apply should it be subject to a religious objection.
The following parks are open for limited, passive use by individuals and families, with specific guidelines in place:
Bonaventure, Country Isles, Emerald Estates, Eagle Point, Gator Run, Heron, Indian Trace, Library, Peace Mound, Windmill Ranch and Town Center Park
Park Hours: Open Daily, 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Bring a face covering for use when physical distancing cannot be maintained
- Maintain physical distance of six feet from others
- Park use is limited to two (2) hours per visit
- Only groups of ten (10) or less are allowed
- No pickup games, organized sports or activities
- Tennis courts are open for singles or doubles-play only (maximum four players per court)
- Restrooms, playgrounds, basketball courts, outdoor fitness equipment and water fountains are CLOSED
- Walking paths will be designated as one way, as needed.
- To ensure that physical distancing is maintained and to ensure access to facilities by patrons, parks staff may limit the number of persons using paths and open space and may limit the time any person spends on such path or open space.
Working together we can keep our parks open and safe for use by all. Please maintain the expressed guidelines.
Virtual Activities and Classes are available. Visit WestonFL.org/Parks/Virtual.
Weston Tennis Center
16451 Racquet Club Road, Weston 33326
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. | Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Singles and doubles-play and private instruction only. Facial coverings must be used if the instructor and student cannot maintain six-feet distancing. Patrons must enter through the side gate and use online registration and payment. The Pro Shop and Front Desk area will be closed.
Visit WestonTennis.com or call to confirm hours and court availability.
Amenities in Gated or Private Communities
Per City of Weston Emergency Order No. 2020-11, certain common-use recreational facilities, including swimming pools. are permitted to be open, with restrictions in place. In Weston, all furniture must be removed from the pool deck.
Golf Courses – in Weston and throughout Broward
Golf courses are allowed to operate within the guidelines outlined by Broward County Emergency Order 20-08. Guidelines include:
- Golf courses may open with limited hours, governed by the municipality; driving ranges remain closed
- One player per cart unless golfers reside in the same household
- Physical distancing must be observed at all times
Broward County Parks
Select Broward County regional parks, specialty parks, neighborhood parks, nature centers and natural areas, will OPEN for PASSIVE USE including walking, running and jogging, biking, hiking and personal boat launching.
Visit Broward.org/Parks for the list of parks that will be open, and hours.
More Details on COVID-19 and Community Resources Available
Visit WestonFL.org/Coronavirus for information on COVID-19 and resources available to individuals, families and businesses.
United States Federal Government Guidelines
Detailed criteria for phased openings. Decisions at the local level are made based upon these guidelines, as well as insight from public health officials.
Updated guidelines and restrictions will be posted on this page as they are implemented.
-Updated 6/1/20, 2:30 p.m.
Guidelines are subject to change as new orders are issued and may not be reflected on this page in real time. We are doing our best to post the orders as soon as they are finalized.