Your first call for help in Broward County is 2-1-1. 2-1-1 Broward can help you find food, housing, health care, senior services, child care, legal aid, mental health support, and much more.
For a full resource directory of services offered by 2-1-1 Broward, click here.
YOU CAN TALK ABOUT SUICIDE. CALL 2-1-1 .
It is important to recognize the signs of personal crisis that could lead to suicide. Parents should talk with their children.
Parents need to ask the screening yes-or-no questions from The Columbia Protocol to identify if someone is in crisis, and they should not worry that asking about suicide will put the idea into their children’s heads. The questions can also be found below:
Parents, please talk to your children, Students, talk to each other. “Just ask, just listen.” Every day ask the important questions below.
1. Have you wished you were dead or wished you could go to sleep and not wake up?
2. Have you actually had any thoughts about killing yourself? If the loved one answers “yes” to question 2, ask questions 3, 4, 5 and 6. If the person answers “no” to question 2, go directly to question 6.
3. Have you thought about how you might do this?
4. Have you had any intention of acting on these thoughts of killing yourself, as opposed to you have the thoughts but you definitely would not act on them?
5. Have you started to work out or worked out the details of how to kill yourself? Do you intend to carry out this plan?
6. Always ask this question: In the past three months, have you done anything, started to do anything, or prepared to do anything to end your life?
If "yes" is the answer to any of these questions: Don't Judge; Don't act shocked; Don't Panic; Reach out and get help immediately.
Help is only a phone call or a click away.
If a parent is concerned that there may be a threat as severe as suicide, call 9-1-1
In Broward County, dial 2-1-1 if you suspect any risk or Text “FL” to 741741.
Additional resources are only a phone call away.
- 2-1-1 24/7 crisis hotline serving Broward County
- 1-800-273-8255 National Suicide Hotline
- 954-740-MSD1 (6731) 24/7 crisis hotline
- Crisis Intervention YES team 954-677-3113, Option 3
- Crisis Text Line: Text FL to 741741 for a live counselor
- Memorial Hospital Walk-In Center 954-276-1285
- Florida Behavioral Health Center 954-734-2000
- Grievance Hotline 877-698-7794
- Eagles' Haven (licensed social workers) 954-203-4249