#WeCount in Weston
Since 1790, the U.S. Census Bureau has conducted a census every ten years to determine the number of people living in the United States, as required by the U.S. Constitution. We need your help to achieve a complete count in Weston for Census 2020.
Participating In The Census Is Easier Than Ever
It’s easy, safe and confidential to respond to the upcoming census. It will only take a few minutes to complete the census survey – which will be available online for the first time.
- Online: Each household will receive a postcard with a personal code to complete the census online.
- By phone: If you prefer, you will be able to call to complete the census by phone in 13 languages. Language guides will also be offered in 59 languages.
- By mail: Call to request a hard copy form to complete and return by Census day.
By law, the information cannot be shared with law enforcement, including Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, or the Internal Revenue Service. Title 13 is clear that the data collected can only be used for statistical purposes and your privacy is protected.
WHY IT IS IMPORTANT?
It is not only your civic duty and required by law, but your participation in the census affects the amount of funding your community receives, how your community plans for the future and your representation in government.
Specifically, data from the 2020 Census will be used to distribute over $700 billion in Federal funds to local communities for projects such as:
- Ensure public services and funding for schools, hospitals, public works and vital programs
- Plan new homes and businesses and improve neighborhoods
- Determine how many seats your state is allocated in the House of Representatives