Holiday Season Safety Tips
- Register for BSO's Vacation Home Watch program if you are traveling for the holiday.
- Ask neighbors to keep an eye out for your home while you are out of town.
- Share your fun on social media once you return.
- Park in busy, well-lighted areas and keep valuables out of sight. Don't be a victim of a crime of opportunity.
- Install smoke alarms in every bedroom, outside every sleeping area and on every level of your home.
- Use flameless candles.
- We aware of decoration fire hazards. Read more in Seasonal Topics under Fire Rescue and Emergency Medical Services.
- Keep potentially poisonous plants away from small children and pets.
- Buckle up, slow down and don't drive impared. Designate a driver who will not drink and be well rested and alert while driving.
- Keep the kids away from the cooking area.
- Always play close attention while cooking and cut carefully.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water to prevent the spread of illness.
- Pets can be harmed by alcohol, chocolate, fatty foods and sharp bones.
- Designate a water watcher. If a child is missing, check the water first.