THE VACATION RENTAL REGISTRATION PROCESS
How do I submit a Vacation Rental Registration?
PREPARE AND GATHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
A vacation rental registration requires the following items.
- Proof of ownership, including name, address and phone number of each person or entity with an ownership interest in the property.
- Corporate owned properties must submit a valid Federal Employer Tax ID.
- Property description including gross square footage, number of bedrooms, kitchens and on-site parking spaces attributable to rental use.
- A copy of the vacation rental’s current and active license as a transient public lodging establishment with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- Vacation Rental Agent contact information including 24-hour contact information. Vacation rental agent must reside within 30 miles of the vacation rental property.
- Provide evidence of liability insurance covering the use of the property as a rental property.
- Copy of Rental Agreement containing "Minimum Vacation Rental lessee information" (Reference Ordinance).
- Individual submission of Vacation Rental Affidavits by each Owner, authorized agent and authorized
The application should be performed using the City Of Weston's e-Permit Portal.
VACATION RENTAL FEE SCHEDULE
Vacation Rental Registration Fee $100.00 Certificate of Use- Vacation Rental $524.00 RENEWAL If renewed before September 30th $224.00
FURTHER INFORMATION MAY BE REQUESTED
Notification of any extra requests will happen by way of the supplied Email
Once approved you may schedule the nessecary inspections using The City Of Weston's e-Permit Portal.
Certificate of Use Issuance
A Certificate of Use will be issued following the succesfull completion of all required inspections.
Every business in Weston, must have a Business Tax Receipt (BTR) to engage in business within the City.
Annual Renewal and Inspection
Prohibited Use Zoning Districts
Pursuant to Chapter 124.15 Multiple Family Districts (MF) of the City's Code of Ordinances, vacation rentals are prohibited in Multi-Family Districts including any condominium, cooperative or multi-family residential property with more than four dwelling units.
Vacation Rental Registration
Vacation Rental Definition- Any Dwelling Unit or group of Dwelling Units in a condominium or cooperative or any individually or collectively owned single-family, two-family, three-family, or four-family house or Dwelling Unit that is rented in whole or in part to guests more than three times in a calendar year for periods of less than 30 days or one calendar month, whichever is less, or which is advertised or held out to the public as a place as a place regularly rented to guests, but that is not a timeshare project.
Please reference complete Vacation Rental Ordinance:
- City of Weston, Ordinance No. 2018-17