Keeping Weston safe from fires is an ongoing concern, and our Fire Department provides a variety of services targeted to commercial, industrial, school, public assembly, health care and multi-residential properties, including:
- Annual commercial fire inspections: a review of commercial properties for fire code compliance.
- Fire investigations: research and inspect fires of suspicious origin, in collaboration with the Fire Suppression Branch.
Commercial Properties – Fire Requirements
All new construction, as well as building renovations, must ensure code compliance prior a building permit being issued. The review includes fire suppression devices, exits, storage, fire alarm systems and review of storage and manufacturing of hazardous materials.
To schedule a fire inspection, call the BSO Fire Marshal’s Bureau at 954-831-8210.
Forms for Commercial Properties
- Automatic Fire Suppression System Requirements Weston (PDF)
- Certificate of Use - Fire Inspections (PDF)
- Fire Alarm System Plan Requirement (PDF)
- Fire Sprinkler System Plan Requirement (PDF)
- Life Safety Plan Requirement (PDF)
AED (automated external defibrillators) Inspections
AEDs will be inspected for businesses required to have them onsite during the annual fire inspection. It is the businesses’ responsibility to maintain the AED to ensure it is in working order.
Fire Extinguisher Certification
The Fire Department does not certify fire extinguishers, and is not permitted to recommend vendors who perform that service.