Prohibited Use Zoning Districts
Pursuant to Chapter 124.15 Multiple Family Districts (MF) of the City's Code of Ordinances, vacation rentals are prohibited in Multi-Family Districts including any condominium, cooperative or multi-family residential property with more than four dwelling units.
Vacation Rental Registration
Vacation Rental Definition- Any Dwelling Unit or group of Dwelling Units in a condominium or cooperative or any individually or collectively owned single-family, two-family, three-family, or four-family house or Dwelling Unit that is rented in whole or in part to guests more than three times in a calendar year for periods of less than 30 days or one calendar month, whichever is less, or which is advertised or held out to the public as a place as a place regularly rented to guests, but that is not a timeshare project.
Please reference complete Vacation Rental Ordinance:
- City of Weston, Ordinance No. 2018-17
- Online Application- Complete online application in ePermits portal; you will need the following items:
- Proof of ownership, including name, address and phone number of each person or entity with an ownership interest in the property.
- Corporate owned properties must submit a valid Federal Employer Tax ID.
- Property description including gross square footage, number of bedrooms, kitchens and on-site parking spaces attributable to rental use.
- A copy of the vacation rental’s current and active license as a transient public lodging establishment with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- Vacation Rental Agent contact information including 24-hour contact information. Vacation rental agent must reside within 30 miles of the vacation rental property.
- Provide evidence of liability insurance covering the use of the property as a rental property.
- Copy of Rental Agreement containing "Minimum Vacation Rental lessee information" (Reference Ordinance).
- Individual submission of Vacation Rental Affidavits by each Owner, authorized agent and authorized property manager.
VACATION RENTAL FEE SCHEDULE
Vacation Rental Registration Fee $100.00 Certificate of Use- Vacation Rental $524.00 RENEWAL If renewed before September 30th $224.00
- Certificate of Use Issuance
- Business Tax Receipt- Every business in Weston, must have a Business Tax Receipt (BTR) to engage in business within the City.
- Annual Renewal and Inspection
Forms for Registration and Application