Fire and Life Safety Public Education Programs
A variety of public education programs are available via community presentations, community programs, and events. Public education presentations are free to the public and will be delivered by fire department personnel. Fire department personnel may also available to attend and/or participate in community events upon request and when available. Please contact the BSO Weston Fire Rescue Administrative Office at 954-389-2015 to request a presentation or community event.
Please see below a list of current presentation topics offered:
- Arson awareness (ages 7-17)
- Bicycle safety – include helmet fitting at community events only (all ages)
Read more about bicycle and pedestrian safety.
- Car Fit – (seniors)
- Car seat safety (adults)
- Cooking safety (all ages)
- CPR and AED training (ages 12+)
- Distracted Driving – JUST DRIVE Program (ages 14+)
- Exit drills in the home (ages 2+)
- Fall and fire prevention (ages 55+)
- Fire safety – ages 2+
- Fireworks safety (all ages)
- Holiday fire safety (all ages)
- Home fire safety (all ages)
- Hurricane preparedness (adults)
- Hyperthermia (all ages)
- Juvenile Firesetter Prevention and Intervention Program – County-wide (ages 2-17)
- On-the-job fire safety
- Pedestrian safety (ages 5-13)
- Prom Promise, Distracted driving and DUI prevention (ages 14+)
- Seat belt safety - Buckle Up Safety Program (ages 5-11)
- Smoke alarm safety (all ages)
- Stop, Drop and Roll (ages 3-7)
- Summertime safety (all ages)
- Water safety (all ages)
BSO Fire Rescue Cadets
Young men and women ages 14-17 can participate in the BSO Fire Rescue Cadets Program, which offers practical training and experience through education, community involvement and public service. Cadets are introduced to fire fighting and rescue techniques through a regimented course-of-instruction based on teamwork and responsibility. Cadets can remain a part of the program until their 21st birthday.
The program emphasizes community involvement, as participants work on a variety of educational and public service projects that benefit Broward County residents and help build confidence and self-esteem among cadet ranks. The Cadets program meets weekly.
For additional information, contact the Broward Sheriff's Office Fire Rescue Cadet Program administrator at 954-818-2698.