PUBLIC HEALTH ADVISORY: All Individuals Should Wear Face Masks
The Florida Department of Health issued a Public Health Advisory on June 20th in response to increased COVID-19 cases in the State.
The advisory provides the following recommendations:
1. All individuals in Florida should wear masks in any setting where social distancing is not possible, unless any of the following apply:
- A child is under two years of age.
- An individual has one or more medical conditions or disabilities that prevent wearing a face covering.
- An individual is obtaining a service involving the nose or face for which temporary removal of the face-covering is necessary to perform the service.
- An individual works in a profession where use of a face covering will not be compatible with the duties of the profession; or an individual is engaged in outdoor work or recreation with appropriate social distancing in place.
3. All individuals should refrain from participation in social or recreational gatherings of more than 50 people. For all gatherings of fewer than 50 people, individuals should practice social distancing by maintaining a distance of at least six feet from each other and wearing a face covering.
> Facemasks are required in Broward County (inside buildings and businesses and outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.) Read more at WestonFL.org/NewWay.