Best for Families
In a recent study, WalletHub.com, a personal finance outlet, ranked the City of Weston as 2018's 10th Best City for Florida Families. Another great recognition for Weston and city leaders are thrilled to say the least.
In order to help existing and prospective Florida families find the best cities in their state for putting down roots, WalletHub compared more than 180 cities across 21 key metrics. Those metrics range from housing affordability to school-system quality to general affordability. Here is how Weston fared and why our City ranks in the top 10 in the entire state of Florida as THE place for families.
Family Life in Weston (1=Best; 92=Avg.)
- 5th – % of Families with Children Younger than Age 18
- 27th – Median Family Income (cost of living-adjusted)
- 3rd – Quality of School System
- 2nd – Violent-Crime Rate per Capita
- 40th – % of Families Below Poverty Level
- 7th – Unemployment Rate
- 9th – Divorce Rate
To read the full study at WalletHub
We found out that the number of playgrounds per capita is includes in the Family Life & Fun metrics...