Broward County Public Schools in Weston Area with 'A' Grades recognized by the Weston City Commission
On Monday, September 24, 2018 the City Commission congratulated each public school and principal serving Weston students who achieved an “A” grade in the Florida Department of Education School Grades Program. Each principal was presented with two coveted crystal book awards honoring their individual achievement as well as the achievements of the school faculty, the students and the school community.
Annually, public schools in the Weston area are recognized by the City Commission. Truly a proud accomplishment for each school as well as the Weston community, the City Commission is thankful for the dedication, commitment and hard work of every school in Weston for increasing the possibility for students to reach their highest educational aspirations.
School Board Member Laurie Rich Levinson proudly joined Mayor Stermer in handing out the crystal book awards. Board Member Robin Bartleman sent her regrets that she could not attend due to a conflict.
Representing the schools who received 'A' grades in the 2017-2018 School Year
- Principal Christine de Zayas Eagle Point Elementary School
- Principal Eliot Tillinger Everglades Elementary School
- Principal Keith Peters Gator Run Elementary School
- Principal Nadine Laham Imagine Weston
- Principal Amy Winder Indian Trace Elementary School
- Principal Heather Hedman-DeVaughn Manatee Bay Elementary School
- Dr. Mark Kaplan Falcon Cove Middle School
- Principal Paul Micensky Tequesta Trace Middle School
- Principal Jimmy Arrojo Western High School
- Principal Scott Neely Cypress Bay High School
- Assistant Principal Kassandra Fried Cypress Bay High School