Stop the Bleed Training - Open to the Public
- Date: 05/23/2019 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Community Center
20200 Saddle Club Road -, Weston Regional Park
Weston, Florida 33327
- Introduction: Two classes will be offered to the public:
6:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m.
Presented by Broward Sheriff’s Office Fire Rescue and Emergency Services - Weston District, the City of Weston and Memorial Healthcare
Anyone can learn to Stop The Bleed. Similar to CPR training, Stop the Bleed training is designed to encourage people to learn the skills necessary to save someone’s life with the emphasis on how to stop traumatic bleeding. Two 45-minute long classes will be offered and will cover simple, life-saving information.
May 23rd is National Stop the Bleed Day – A one day call to action.
- Uncontrolled bleeding is a major cause of preventable deaths.
- Average time to bleed out: 2 to 5 minutes
- Average time for first responders to arrive: 7 to 10 minutes
- Bystanders can fill the gap with STOP THE BLEED
Two classes will be offered, at 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Space is limited. Pre-registration is required.
Call Mary Ann at 954-389-2015 to register.