Approximately 27 square miles in land size, with a population of 66,526
, Weston is located in southwestern Broward County, Florida. Initially conceived as a master-planned community, Weston was incorporated in 1996. Well managed growth has given rise to one of South Florida’s most desirable communities, both residential and corporate. Weston’s culturally diverse population enjoys a vibrant community, whose lifestyle, appearance and management style cities around the world wish to emulate.
Weston has the distinction of having:
- A-rated public schools and excellent private schools;
- Outstanding public safety and the lowest crime rate per capita in the County;
- Fourteen meticulously maintained park and recreational facilities which play host to cultural and community events and tens of thousands of registrants in organized sports leagues;
- A Community Center which offers a variety of year-round enrichment classes and programming for all ages and interests, and a family YMCA within the City’s regional park;
- The lowest combined property taxes, municipal taxes and fees in the County;
- The lowest millage rate in the County;
- The lowest ratio of employees per 1000 population in the County;
- AAA credit ratings
- Visually distinctive, Weston’s extensive landscaping is without dispute one of the City’s greatest assets: rows of prestigious Royal Palms and city entry signs surrounded by lush foliage which also lines the berms, medians and rights-of-ways throughout the city.
Weston encompasses a diverse corporate and retail climate that includes Fortune 500 companies, owner-operated retail establishments, restaurants, warehouses and a range of other businesses. World-class healthcare is provided by the Cleveland Clinic Florida, Broward Health Weston and the Miami Children’s Hospital Dan Marino Center. Restaurants and clubs, from casual to chic, and the beautiful Mediterranean styled Town Center downtown shopping and office complex, provide residents and visitors with an array of culinary, nightlife and shopping experiences. Weston is also home to five nationally recognized hotels and resorts offering accommodations for every need. The natural environment that surrounds and is encompassed within Weston is as unique as its lifestyle. Weston borders the Florida Everglades and the City maintains over 2,200 acres of wetland preserves, supporting a diverse ecological population.
Weston also offers a supportive social infrastructure -- a vital benefit to the comfort and happiness of our residents. City staff, contract and volunteer partners are continuously working to deliver quality services in every area that our residents deserve in return for their investment in Weston.