Homestead Exemption Filing dates IN WESTON available now through December 2013
Property Tax Exemption Filing Dates For The City of Weston
Broward County Property Appraiser Lori Parrish has announced special 2012 - 2013 homeowner sign-up dates throughout the City of Weston for Homestead, Senior and other property assessment exemptions.
Weston Regional Park Community Center, 20200 Saddle Club Road
All 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
Monday, June 24, 2013
Monday, August 26, 2013
Monday, October 28, 2013
Monday, November 25, 2013
Monday, December 16, 2013
Documents required to file a Homestead Exemption
When filing an application you must bring the following items listed below. To claim 100% coverage, all owners occupying the property as Tenants in Common (i.e., proportional share co-owners) must file in person on jointly held property. In the case of a husband/wife ("Tenants by the Entirety") or Joint Tenants with Right of Survivorship ("JTRS"), any one owner may qualify for 100% coverage -- although it is always highly advisable to have all eligible owner-occupants to file.
- Proof of Ownership: In general, the recorded Deed or Co-op Proprietary Lease must be held in the name(s) of the individuals applying for Homestead. You do not need to bring a copy of the deed or co-op lease if the document has already been recorded in the Official Records of Broward County. If the PROPERTY IS HELD IN A TRUST, WE ALSO NEED EITHER A NOTARIZED CERTIFICATE OF TRUST OR A COMPLETE COPY OF THE TRUST AGREEMENT. Note: Most taxpayers prefer to use the simple Certificate of Trust form, instead of submitting the entire trust for our review, as it better protects the privacy of your estate planning and other financial matters.
- Proof of Permanent Florida Residence -- preferably dated prior to January 1 of the tax year for which you are filing -- is established in the form of:
- FOR ALL APPLICANTS: Florida's Driver's License (or -- for non-drivers only -- a Florida I.D. Card) is REQUIRED. Note: You must surrender to DMV any out-of-state regular driver's license. You MUST also have either of the following:
- Florida Voter's Registration; or
- Recorded Declaration of Domicile.
- FOR NON-US CITIZENS, you MUST have the items listed above AND proof of permanent residency, asylum/parolee status (or other "PRUCOL" status); OR proof you are the parent of a US-born (US Citizen) minor child who resides with you.
- If you or your married spouse have a Homestead Exemption in any other county, state or country (or an equivalent permanent residency-based exemption or tax credit, such as New York's "S.T.A.R." exemption) on another property you also currently own, you will NOT be eligible for a homestead in Broward until after you surrender the exemption in that other jurisdiction.
Qualified residents 65 years of age or older as of January 1, 2013 may also apply for the additional Senior Exemption (after January 1, 2013). Eligible seniors must have a total household adjusted gross income not to exceed $27,030. Seniors must bring a copy of their 2012 Income Tax Return or copy of 2012 Social Security 1099 form if no tax return was filed.
The Property Appraiser’s full outreach calendar can be viewed at www.bcpa.net/Events.asp. For further information visit their website at www.bcpa.net or contact the Outreach Division at 954.357.5579 or njones@bcpa.